Sunday, February 23, 2014

Quinoa Oatmeal


I woke up sick this morning, which is why you're getting two new, warm, healthy recipes in one day, haha. I needed warm, soft food for my throat, so I found some Quinoa Flakes to make some hot cereal with. I mixed in cacao nibs, soaked almonds, and a few blackberries; and sprinkled coconut, cinnamon, and lots of xylitol on top. It gave me some voice back! :)

Recipe:

(Creates 1 Serving) 

2/3 Cups Quinoa Flakes
1 Handful Soaked Almonds
2 Cups Water
4 Blackberries
2 TSP Raw Cacao Nibs
1 TSP Unsweetened Coconut Sprinkles
Cinnamon
Xylitol

Directions:

Soak a handful of almonds in filtered water overnight. (They become so juicy and delicious the next morning!!)

Boil 2 cups of water in a medium pot. Stir in quinoa flakes, and continue stirring for about 2 minutes until the quinoa is thick.

Pour the quinoa flakes into a bowl, and mix in the almonds, cacao nibs, and blackberries.

Sprinkle coconut, cinnamon, and xylitol on top.

Enjoy it! I know your throat will ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment