Saturday, September 7, 2013

Beef, Zucchini & Rutabaga Stir Fry


I had left over rutabaga, I just bought ground beef, and I've never made a stir fry before, so I thought those were convenient circumstances for creating this stir fry recipe! I cheated and put some water in it because I wasn't sure if the rutabaga would get cooked all the way through with just some oil. I'll try to have some more faith in it next time and see what happens, ha. But I liked how it came out! It was quite delicious. :)


Recipe:

(Creates 2 Servings)

1 Zucchini, diced
1 LB Ground Beef, chopped into bite sized chunks
1 Medium Sized Rutabaga, diced
3 Coves Garlic, minced
1/4 of a Medium Yellow Onion, diced
1 Large Tomato, diced
1 TBS Coconut Oil
Ginger
Turmeric
Cayenne Pepper
Cinnamon
Rosemary
Thyme
Basil
Salt

Directions:

Put the ingredients into a large stir fry pan with about a tablespoon or more of coconut oil and a little bit of water. ((Here's what it looks like before you add the meat. You can make it vegetarian and just cook it without the meat if you'd like.))



Bring it all to a medium-high heat and stir consistently for about 12 minutes.

Spice it as much as you like, I personally love to put tons of ginger, cayenne pepper, rosemary and thyme on this, and a bit of the other spices listed above.




If you don't have a second person to feed, you'll have left overs!! Hooray! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment