Thursday, September 25, 2014

Almond Butter Cookies!


That's right! I was finally brave enough to bake some sugar-free treats again this week! :D I had almost a whole jar of almond butter sitting in my pantry that I had rarely been using, and I still had brown rice flour in the fridge left over from my last batch of delicious sugar free brownies, so I made myself some long overdo safety treats!


Recipe:

(Creates about 25 cookies)

2 1/4 Cups Brown Rice Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1 Stick of Salted Butter, softened
1 Cup Xylitol
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Creamy Almond Butter (make sure there's no sugar in it!)
1/2 Bar of Baking Chocolate, diced (again, make sure there's no sugar in it!)
3/4 Cup Almonds, each chopped in half
2 Tbs Milk or Almond Milk (optional, if needed)


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375˚.

Chop the almonds and baking chocolate bar, and mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Once it's all mixed thoroughly, you can add a little bit of milk if it's still kinda dry like mine was.

Place spoonfuls of the cookie dough about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. (It doesn't even need to be greased! Yeah!) You can aim for about a 1 1/2 Tbs spoonful size.

Bake 14 minutes, and then take them out to cool.


Mine kind of came out tasting like healthy muffins, which isn't a bad thing, but wasn't as delicious-cookie-ish as I was expecting. That's why the recipe above includes a bit more xylitol and chocolate pieces than the ones I made. I've been eating these every day since I made them though, they've gotten addicting!

Hope you enjoy them too!




No comments:

Post a Comment